Makhana is also known as fox nuts, Euryale ferox, lotus seeds, gorgon nuts and phool makhana. These seeds are often used in quite a few Indian sweets and savouries like kheer, raita, or makhana curry, and are also eaten as an evening tea-time snack.
Here Are Some Benefits of Makhana
1) They are low in cholesterol, fat and sodium.
2) High magnesium and low sodium content.
3) They have a low glycemic index.
4) It has Kaempferol which is natural flavonoid (that is also in coffee). This helps prevent inflammation and ageing.
5) Gluten-free, protein rich and high in carbohydrates.
6) They are low in calories, making them an ideal snack for weight loss.