Consists of the three stigmas of the saffron crocus. They are delicate and thread-like, measuring 2.5 – 4 cm. The crocus stigmas are graded according to flavor, aroma and coloring power. It is a spice derived from the flower of crocus sativus, commonly known as the saffron crocus. Saffron contains a dark orange, water soluble carotene called crocin, which is responsible for much of saffron’s golden color.
- Saffron is the royal spice
- Consists of the three stigmas of the saffron crocus
- Gives highly aromatic flavour to dishes
- Saffron tastes good in paella, bouillabaisse, soups, sauces, desserts and sweet breads
- A perfect addition to enhance your recipes